Bleach is gearing up for its full comeback to anime later this Fall
The series has opened up about how involved he is with the new anime’s production! Bleach’s original anime run was cut short before it could adapt the final arc of Tite Kubo’s original manga, and thus seeing the Thousand-Year Blood War in its full form has been something fans have been asking to see ever since. With the anime’s new production kicking into high gear with its intended launch this Fall. the creator has begun talking to fans about what to expect from its new release. Bleach Details Involvement With New Anime.
Shogakukan in Franchise Has 300 Million Copies for Circulation
Shogakukan’s listing of the first volume Gunsmith Dave, the first-ever spinoff manga of Takao Saito’s long-running Golgo 13 manga, states that the overall Golgo 13 franchise has 300 million copies in circulation. The first compiled volume of Gunsmith Dave will ship on September 30.
Gunsmith Dave launched in Big Comic Zōkan in July 2021. The manga ended “season 1” on May 17. Saito and Saito Production are credited with creating the manga.
The protagonist Dave is a constant helper who makes Duke Togo’s impossible shots possible, working an unseen job that he nevertheless draws pride from, and is one of the few people whom Duke Togo trusts.
Saito passed away in September 2021. Golgo 13 remains the oldest manga still in publication. Shogakukan said that, before his death, Saito said that he wanted the manga to continue on without him, and the Saito Production group of artists are continuing to draw the manga with the assistance of the editorial department of Shogakukan’s Big Comic magazine and an additional scriptwriting staff.
Saito launched Golgo 13 in Shogakukan’s Big Comic magazine in 1968. The manga broke the Guinness World Record for “most volumes published for a single manga series” in July 2021 when its 201st compiled book volume shipped in Japan. The manga’s 205th volume shipped on July 5.
Bleach: Thousand-Year Blood War recently made a big showing during Anime Expo earlier this month, and in a special interview with Viz Media for the situation, original series creator Tite Kubo explained that he’s actually very involved with the anime’s production for this new series. In fact as he details his involvement, he’s close in “every step” of the project’s process and adding input whenever its needed for the final project and whenever possible. That means it’s being done with as much care as possible ahead of its final release. “I think it’s safe to say I’m involved in every step of the process,” Kubo began. “Usually, I’m not one for sticking my nose too far into other adaptations. It kind of feels like I’m taking jobs away from their side. But this time around, I think my involvement, my input will contribute to the fans’ enjoyment, so I’m helping out whenever possible. But the director [Tomohisa Taniguchi] and scenario writer [Masaki] Hiramatsu both have a deep understanding of the series. Thanks to them, my job has been incredibly smooth sailing.”
So Kubo is very much involved with Bleach’s new anime as it gears up for its release, and previously noted that he has also gone as far as introducing new elements and materials that didn’t make the manga’s original cut that could make it into the final production. This means that it’s very likely that it will meet the expectations of fans waiting several years for the final arc, and thankfully it won’t be too much longer to see it it all lands.